Weekend fire at Stop & Shop

On April 30, 2014, in Latest News, by The Somerville Times


An alarm was received from the Stop & Shop at 779 McGrath Highway this weekend. Arriving firefighters found heavy smoke in the penthouse area of the building. The fire was confined to a natural gas powered generator and was extinguished using several fire extinguishers. The cause of the fire appears to be electrical wiring connected to the generator. A representative from the Board of Health and an electrical inspector were called to the scene.

fire_4_30_14_2_webPhotos by Claudia Ferro


Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.