What Does Healthy Look Like?
Parents & Students are Invited! Saturday, March 16, 11:15 a.m. to 1:00p.m., Somerville Boxing Club at the Edgerly School, 8 Bonair Street.
Jillian Coen, nutrition and children’s health advocate will speak about the importance of making healthy lifestyle choices. Jillian, a resident of Somerville, understands issues with weight and not exercising. She has lost over 60lbs by changing her diet and getting active.
Jillian works full-time at the Massachusetts General Hospital for Children and understands the severity of the childhood obesity epidemic. She will discuss:
• The link between eating breakfast and losing weight
• The importance of portion control
• Visualizing exercise as a change jar – “it all adds up”
• When you eat vs. what you eat
• Fast food makes you feel slow
• Three types of foods: go, slow, and whoa foods
• Eating healthy is a “family job”
• Calorie Gallery: What 200 calories looks like
• A personal triumph…my “aha” moment…
Jillian Coen is licensed to teach children, having trained as a Zumbatomic© Instructor. A four-season member of OnStage Dance Company, which was featured on So You Think You Can Dance for National Dance Day 2012 and can be seen as a feature dancer on this season of HGTV’s Spontaneous Construction. Come and meet her. Healthy snacks will be served.
Somerville Boxing Club
11 Otis Street
Somerville, MA 02145