The Somerville News Person of the Week – August 1

On August 1, 2012, in Latest News, by The News Staff

The Somerville News Person of the Week, Mary Williams Killoren.

Meet Mary Williams Killoren. Oh, you probably have already seen her around the city. If you parked at a meter that has expired you might have met her, but she’s always nice about giving out those tickets. It’s hard to be mad at her, she’s doing a job and she does it with a lot of class when she’s writing up those tickets. She’s very charming and not cold like some might think in her position. We bet she has an impressive full boat of tickets so to speak when her shift is done, which is, after all, making money for the city.

The many people who she has encountered while giving out tickets have said she was at least nice about it and she quickly disarms them with her charm and smile. But make no mistake, Mary is a Somerville girl through and through and if you’re a ‘Villen you know exactly what we mean. That smile can probably turn fast but we haven’t seen it.  Mary has been working for the City of Somerville now since about 2005. She definitely loves her job and you can tell. Not only does Mary do a great job for Traffic & Parking, she can be seen around the city very involved politically and at various fundraising events, all the time helping out and contributing in any way she can. She has lots of friends from many different circles. She’s friendly and cheerful always, has a nice genuine personality that you can’t help but like about her. We appreciate her efforts and her friendliness and, best of all, we think she’s a wonderful person both inside and outside. On her break and before she goes into work you can find her drinking her favorite coffee at DD in Magoun Square. Say “Hi” and watch that nice big smile and hello you get. You won’t be disappointed.

10 Responses to “The Somerville News Person of the Week – August 1”

1. Excellent choice! She’s one of the sweetest people in the city!

2. Anita says:

She is the best! So proud of you Mary – you are the sweetest!

3. JAR says:

I can think of no more deserving person. Mary’s the embodiment of what it means to be a Somervillian. Congratulations Mary, and excellent choice Somerville News!

I enjoy seeing Mary in my neighborhood (but am glad I no longer own or park a car when she’s around)

5. Yuppy Scum says:

“I can think of no more dangerous person”

Dangerous? JAR, what do you mean?

6. JAR says:

Yuppy Scum:

I think you may need to visit Pearle Vision Center. May I suggest the 2:1 lenses…

JAR says:
    August 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm
    I can think of no more DESERVING person. Mary’s the embodiment of what it means to be a Somervillian. Congratulations Mary, and excellent choice Somerville News!

DESERVING is not akin to DANGEROUS. LOL! You’re too funny.

JAR

7. Yuppy Scum says:

JAR, are you making fun of my handicap? In case you don’t know it, I’m legally blind… I know you are a heartless conservative, but could you be THAT cruel?

8. villen says:

I don’t know why she would be chosen.. She’s actually not that nice of a meter maid. I happen to encounter her n she was actually a bitch. Many people feel the same way. Shes alittle crazy znd is always on her phone with an ear piece n thats distracting when ur trying to communicate with her.

9. Ray Spitzer says:

Villen, she is just doing her job in a sea of freeloaders such as yourself! Follow the law and she’ll be nice to you as well! :)

10. raymon says:

nice article, but not true. i have never meet a bigger bitch in my life. she’
    ” nasty. no matterhow nice the person is that recieced the ticket, she always has a nasty comment. oh and the person who said she is always on the phone, well so true. she talks on the phone while giving the ticket which makes it impossible to talk to her. if you ask her a question during this time she gets so nasy because you have just desturbed her phone call.